MA, LMFT, RPT-S
Sarah has a passion for helping children and their families find healing and strengthen their connection and understanding of one another through play. Sarah’s therapeutic approach is strengths-based, ND affirming, client-centered, and creative. Sarah has specific training on Play Therapy, Sandtray Therapy, Child-Parent Relationship Therapy, and AutPlay Therapy. Sarah believes that when we know better we do better, and incorporates psychoeducation about the brain and body into her work with individuals of all ages.
Sarah enjoys working with children, tweens, teens, and young adults. She has a particular interest in supporting children and their families through change (including adoption, divorce, grief/loss, medical trauma, and chronic illness).
Sarah earned her Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy from Antioch University Seattle. Sarah is the current President of the Washington Association for Play Therapy and she has authored several chapters contributing to the field of Play Therapy.
In her free time, Sarah enjoys doing puzzles, baking, cooking, exploring nature, and spending time with her husband and great dane named Cookie Dough.
- Antioch University Seattle, Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Eckerd College, Bachelor of Arts in Human Development
Professional Certificates and Associations:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor Candidate
- Registered Play Therapist Supervisor
- Certified AutPlay Therapy Provider
- President of the Washington Association for Play Therapy
- Clinical Member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists
- AutPlay Advisory Board Member