Alexandra Molleston Luke
MA, LMFT – Owner
Alex is currently full and not accepting new clients. Please feel free to check back or contact us for another clinician.
Alex is a dynamic and thoughtful therapist. Her professional experience covers a broad array of age and relational challenges. She is clinically trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT) and works with children and families who have experienced significant trauma. Alex also helps adults who struggle with past trauma, anxiety, depression, illness, relationship problems and parenting issues.
Alex also holds an additional certification in Medical Family Therapy. She provides a steady and insightful perspective to assist families that have the challenge of a member diagnosed with a chronic or terminal illness.
In 2013, Alex was also recognized by her peers as the secretary of the Washington Association for Play Therapy, an organization that supports other therapists in networking and career development.
Born and raised in the Puyallup Valley, Alex attended Cascade Christian Schools before graduating from Rogers High School. She completed her undergraduate work at Western Washington University in Bellingham, WA and earned a Masters of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy from Seattle Pacific University.
Following college she had the opportunity to travel to more than fifteen countries to experience their history and culture. Alex enjoys skiing, hiking, reading, gardening and spending time with her husband, family and giant Great Dane mutt.
- Seattle Pacific University, Masters of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Western Washington University, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Professional Certifications and Associations
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Certified Medical Family Therapist
- Washington Association for Play Therapy, Secretary (2013)
- Clinical Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical Member of the Association for Play Therapy, Washington Chapter
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Love and Logic Parenting
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing